Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The permanent hop and the life of Joe Beaver

Well, seems I've made a very final move to the world of blogger. I've up'd sticks at deadjournal, deviantART (the journal at least) and MSNspaces, and this, to all intents and purposes, appears to be my meta-physical interweb based home.

I'll start by saying that, for the most part, I have nothing to say about the world. I'll get passionate every once in a while (usually about drivel), but I sure as hell won't do a daily blog about how woeful/wonderful/bemusing my little part of the world is. You may hear about it infrequently, but by the end of my blogging career you certainly won't be able to tell me everything i've had for breakfast for the past x amount of years, unlike some blogs.

For the moment, however, I would love to talk about how... what's the word...? "Supportive" seems to be appropriate, however "stupid" fits the bill better. Yes, I very much want to talk about the misappropriation of funding at my school. I put forth to them the idea of recording and podcasting lessons, for those who miss a couple or just want to revise from them. I was told "yea, sure, tell us what we need to buy and we'll buy it!"

I mean... What? You don't just tell that to an egotistical 18 year old, do you? I could go mad and buy a Ferrari and move to Redding.

Speaking of podcasting, it looks like mine won't be going ahead. I don't have the server space, or the demand, so I should be participating in a talk radio style one sometime soon, and, naturally, I will link to it with incredible frequency as and when it comes up.

On a more vulgar note, however, I found out that the word "twat" means a lot more than I ever thought it did. To quote wikipedia, font of all knowledge:

"The term is more commonly used to indicate the following:

  • A fool
  • One who behaves in a childish, extroverted manner
  • To hit something (or someone) really hard
  • To become drunk or otherwise intoxicated - 'Let's get twatted'

There is an urban legend that "twat" is a term for a gravid goldfish."

I also thought back on the long known knowledge of my favourite word, callipygous.

I'll leave you to mull on that.

Goodnight, and God bless.

(Not that I'm Christian or anything. Goddamnit, I hate religion so hard.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.